Featured Post

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Prayed Up


Hi all, Lynette Eason here with some thoughts to share.

Do you ever feel like you take one step forward and then two seconds later take FOUR steps back?? LOL.

That’s how I feel lately. Like I just can’t get caught up. And that frustrates me. Because I want to be caught up. It's very important to me to have all the little boxes on my to-do list checked off. But I’ve come to the conclusion that being caught up with all the things on my to-do list isn’t nearly as important as being prayed up.

I’ve discovered Draw the Circle The 40 Day Prayer Challenge. Doing this prayer challenge has been amazing. And I don’t even know if I’ve been doing it “right”. What I DO know is that God can use even me and my crazy prayers to glorify his Kingdom. I wanted to share something that I read yesterday from this book.

“If we do little things, God will do the big things. But we have to do the little things like they are the big things. We cannot worry about what we cannot do; we have to simply do what we can. Oswald Chambers once wrote, ‘It is inbred in us that we have to do exceptional things for God; but we have not. We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things.’ And if we do ordinary, God will add extra to it.”

This is how I think about my stories. I’ve come to realize that without God, my stories will never be anything more than just stories. But when I pray over each specific story and ask him to bless those who read each story, then the story become something so much more than the words that I wrote. It becomes a little thing that God can turn into a big thing. My story is something ordinary that God can add extra to. And that is amazing to me. But it’s also my prayer.

How about you? Is there something that you do that you feel is just ordinary, but you’ve God add extra to and make it extraordinary? Feel free to share!

God Bless!
Lynette

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynette! I love this article! Like you, I pray over the stories I write. I pray for my readers to be touched, that God show Himself in my writing. I've seen Him fill in the gaps of my stories time and time again. I've seen Him make the words go onto the screen and be amazed at where He took the story. Sometimes I just have to sit back in awe at the scenes He gives me to write. It's amazing how much He's always in the details.

    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I'm not a published author (yet), but there are so many things in my life and on my "to do" list...ordinary things that I do over and over and over ('adnauseum') each day but I will begin to pray that GOD will take my (boring) ordinary and add HIS "EXTRA" to it making it EXTRAordinary--even if it's nothing more important than washing the dishes & doing laundry. And, maybe one day, LORD willing, I'll have the time (after raising grandkids, horses, dogs, cats and chickens) to sit down and write some of the hundreds of stories rumbling around in my head trying to get out. Bless you for the great suggestion (and I love Oswald Chambers). :)

    ReplyDelete