Featured Post

Monday, May 13, 2013

Riptide: Up Close and Personal



Treasure Hunt


Two surprises await high-stakes repo man Jake Jacobson on his latest job. First, old flame Kelsey Chambers. Second, gunfire! Seizing the luxury yacht should have been easy, but he hadn't planned on Kelsey's appearance. Or that smugglers would hijack the vessel to find an antique map hidden on board. 

The map is Jake and Kelsey's only leverage. . .but it carries a price. Without it, they're as good as dead. With it, they're the target of a relentless hunt. Their failed relationship has Kelsey afraid to rely on Jake again. Can she count on him with their lives on the line? 


My newest romantic suspense, Riptide releases July 1st!


Initially, I entitled it Dead Ahead. Read the book and you’re sure to understand why that title is so appropriate. But most of the time publishers change the title. As it turns out—and I’ve only just realized this—Riptide hits the mark, metaphorically speaking.

Have you ever felt that life was sweeping you off your path, taking you in a direction or along a course you didn't want to go and yet you were powerless to fight it? I want to see those hands raised.

God is good.

All the time.

When I received my author copies last week I opened the book and read the Bible verse I’d chosen months ago:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

Yes. The this new title--Riptide--works nicely.

Now I look back on the story and see that things have tied together in an amazing way. We’d like to think that we play a significant role in making sure everything works together, but in my experience, things work together best when I have nothing at all to do with them. Okay, laugh, but I’m just sayin’. . .

I work hard, of course, and try to plan things but I also pray and look to the Lord to lead. I’ve been surprised at the spiritual themes that come out in my stories. An unplanned course--or at least not planned by my hand--takes on a whole new meaning. But that should come as no surprise because all things work together for good to those who love God, right? 

Riptide is no exception. It’s an adventurous ride with twists and turns that  I couldn't have expected.

Now here’s the really exciting news. I need reviews. Lots and lots of reviews. 

I’m giving away TEN COPIES. That’s right TEN COPIES of Riptide. First you need to comment below and second please agree to post a review on both Goodreads and Amazon, at least those two venues.

I’ll randomly choose ten people from the comments below to receive a copy. If you'd like to be entered in the drawing, make sure to leave your email address so I can contact you. 

Or you can always PRE-ORDER Riptide. Not only will it be available for paperback and Kindle, it’s available in a Love Inspired Suspense Bundle with three more romantic suspense titles: 




Many Blessings!
Elizabeth

28 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the book and I would love to review it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love these little 'Love Inspired Suspense' books! Looking forward to getting this one to read & add to our collection. We share w/friends if they promise to eventually return it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ILove Inspired Suspense' , they are always so good, and i would love to win this one, i will also give a review
    jcisforme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read this book and respond on amazon and good reads.Looks like a hard to put down story. I love it when authors honor God in their writing as well..donitacorman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to win this book by Elizabeth Goddard. Have not read any book by her yet, but always love to try new authors.
    Yes I would do a review of the book and post on Amazon,Goodreads and some others if wished.
    This book sounds so good.
    lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also shared on Facebook
    lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a chance to review this book. sheri.salatin(at)gmail.com
    I love how God directs us in ways that we didn't see coming. Like your title change and finding more to the story than you first thought. Love this.

    Blessings!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read and review this book. I love mystery And suspense. I shared on FB as well. Cheryl Salinas. honeyita7@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to win this book and it sure sounds good, and if i win i will give a review
    jcisforme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, sounds like another good one, Beth! Can't wait to read it. I will probably get it in my bookclub package. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to get a copy and would be happy to post a review to those sites!!!! Ngubandgeek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey this sounds cool, i love suspenses, wow, and would love a copy :) im already hyped up.....hehehehee, Id like to win :0
    lily....damsmart-rls@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to reading your new book. Sounds intriguing!
    I just noticed the beaded purse on the left side of this blog. I collect beaded purses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to win your book and read it.. Also I would be glad to give the reviews. I have had everything planned and then been swept off my feet with everything changed. Thank you for entering me in your giveaway.
    barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be happy to review the book for you.

    lynfordshire@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd like to be entered in the contest and would be glad to post reviews on both websites.

    jump5er[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny how different your working title is so different from the publisher's title. I'll bet it was interesting to see how someone else sees your work. Glad the title felt right for you!

    Blessings,
    Voni
    richnvoni (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new book sounds really interesting. I can't wait to be able to read it, and would love to win a copy. I'd be glad to post a review on both websites.

    Linda R.
    linlee822@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I would love to read and review your book! The verse you quote is one I have loved for many years. In fact, it is one that helped me get through this last 15 months!
    God is good - all the time and we praise Him for it!

    Betti
    bettimace(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read this and I'll be happy to post reviews on both sites. Thank-you for the opportunity too win this. kittygirl15401@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a good book and I would love to read, but have never done a review. Not really sure how. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to get a copy and would be happy to review your book on both spots and my blog!

    ischu9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to read and review the book! Thanks for the opportunity!
    carissasmithocc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to win this book and review it. I would post at both places. This would be my first time reading any of Elizabeth's books.

    deamundy(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would llove to read and review any of your books. I love them. inspiremichelle@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a great read! Would be happy to review it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm happy to have discovered your blog. I would love to read your work and to review it. I'm an avid reader and writer.

    Congrats and best wishes on your most recent publication.

    ReplyDelete